FIRSTLINE THERAPY®PROGRAM : Reversing Chronic Illness, Naturally with certified FLT practitioners!
Everyone knows that eating right and staying in shape are important for overall health. But life's everyday pressures—hectic schedules, work deadlines, family issues, etc.—can make it difficult to find the time for good nutrition, exercise, and adequate rest.
Whether you suffer from a lifestyle-related chronic disease, or have been advised by your doctor to eat right and exercise more, the FirstLine Therapy program can help.
Change Your Life and Change Your Health
FirstLine Therapy is a therapeutic lifestyle change, or lifestyle modification, program. Designed by health care professionals, FirstLine Therapy has been shown remarkably successful in helping individuals like you return to a path of extended health.
This is not a weight reduction program—it's a disease reduction program. While weight loss often occurs, it's only secondary to the primary goal helping you achieve and maintain a healthy body composition (lean-muscle-to-fat ratio) to improve health, manage disease, feel better, and reduce your risk to more serious conditions. The Support You Need to Succeed
In truth, most doctors don't have the time, skills, or resources to provide you with effective lifestyle counseling. And so their patients—even those at high risk of disease—are often left to "figure it out" by themselves.
FirstLine Therapy Is different. It's structured with professional supervision to help you:
- Establish realistic, personalized goals to improve health
- Monitor your progress and help you stay on track
- Learn how to eat and shop for healthy, nutritious foods that manage (not increase) cravings
- Exercise in a way that builds muscle and gets rid of unwanted fat
- Relax and manage unhealthy stress
- Feel better and do more!
FirstLineTherapy™ really works!
It’s like a lifeline with supportive people helping you get on board. And it actually addresses the underlying causes of chronic disease. FirstLineTherapy™ is based on scientific research. It was created from the desire to prevent disease, rather than “manage the disease,” with drugs and expensive medical procedures.
This is not a diet. We will show you how to embrace a lifestyle modification so you feel better now and have a higher quality of life in the future. Give us 12 weeks and we will:
- Show you how to make healthy choices when you go to restaurants and to friends’ houses (that one is a little trickier).
- Show you a social structure for nutritional and lifestyle change, so that it is easier to stay “on the wagon” of health.
- Improve your body composition by reducing the total fat and increasing the total amount of muscle in your body, so that your shape changes – you lose the spare tire, the abdominal fat, and gain shapeliness.
- Address symptoms of chronic inflammation.
- Allergy symptoms typically improve or disappear.
- High blood sugar and high insulin levels typically become normalized
- Joint pain lessens
- Help you get started on an exercise program.
So, how does FirstLineTherapy™ work and what do you do?
- Comprehensive Clinical Tests.
- Initial consultation to review test results, determine your health goals and establish your course of lifestyle therapy.
- You’ll receive a guidebook, instructions, and advice about nutritional supplements.
- Begin your program.
- Weekly visits for lifestyle counseling.
- Re-testing to evaluate your progress and identify any needed program adjustments.
- Bi-weekly visits for lifestyle counseling.
- Re-testing to evaluate your progress.
- If your goals have been achieved, a maintenance program may be prescribed to ensure that your health improvements are maintained.
During the comprehensive clinical tests which include medical history we also perform a bioimpedance analysis (BIA). This measures body composition, including both percentage of body fat and lean body mass. This test allows us to track your progress over time because it gives us a reading on many aspects of your body including your lean body mass, phase angle (which indicates health on a cellular level), body cell mass and intracellular water (which measure the water inside your cells), extracellular cell mass (to measure amount of water found outside your cells) fat mass, basal metabolic rate and body capacitance (the ability of nutrients to move into the cell and waste to move out).
We will work with you to balance your blood sugar levels. As you feast on sugary foods, your blood sugar zooms up. Alarms go off. Your body releases a hormone called insulin to bring your blood sugar back into the acceptable range. Insulin then stores excess calories as fat in the event of a future famine. And high levels of insulin suppress two other important hormones – glucagon and growth hormone – that burn fat and promote muscle development.
Insulin is the key to the vast majority of chronic illness. Fortunately, insulin is most easily influenced by diet and exercise. In fact, some diabetics are able to avoid medication with a steady exercise regimen.
With FirstLineTherapy™ we are able to decrease insulin stimulation through dietary changes, and to increase the responsiveness of the cells to insulin through specific supplements.
With FirstLineTherapy™, our nutrition and lifestyle educator Patrick Martin, Jr., will work one-on-one with you, as your coach.
- Patrick will monitor your cholesterol and BIA frequently to monitor progress.
- He’ll show you what to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and snacks in between.
- He’ll meet with you every week so you can really, truly, reach for your goals and obtain them.
Let us do what we do best so you can be your best. Call (206) 623-225 to sign up for a free initial consultation.